Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Date Night

So one of my good girl friends went on a date tonight and asked if I could come over and style her-- I said yes of course! Take a look at what I put together for her.  

Since it was a date and you don't want to be to casual or to dressed up I chose jeans and heals for her.  For her top I chose a flirty spring chiffon blouse that has a small and dainty print on it. I paired the blouse with a bold black and white architecturally printed coat.  A lot of people are hesitant to mix patterns, but I think it is a great way to jazz up an outfit.  

This mixture of patterns works because I mixed a small print with a large print. When mixing prints make sure you don't put two of the same size prints together.  It is important to mix up the sizes.  This allows your eye to observe and see everything that is going one.  It causes a brake between the two prints so you can process and understand what you are seeing.  Notice how you first see Elizabeth's bold printed coat and then you begin to observe her blouse.  This happens because the different sized prints.  If you were to put together two of the same size prints your eye would get lost, and you wouldn't be able to understand what you were seeing.  

So next time you are getting dressed to go out try mixing two prints together. It will give you a little extra pizzaz.  Kinda like a face lift for your outfit-- and guess what? it cost you nothing. It was all right in your closet! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a fantastic look!! Well done Jessica! Where can I find a shirt like that? I always need going out shirts!!

    ReplyDelete